My Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Man Plans and God Laughs"

The title is a funny quote that always seems to be true in my life. This last month has been absolutley true to form. My husband finished flight school right before thanksgiving. We gave our notice to our rental company, and I gave notice to my job. The plan was that hubby was going to be a flight instructor for the company he just finished school with, and we would be moving back home to the west coast or arizona. Well, it's now January 5th and we still havent heard from them. So here we are, sitting in an extended stay hotel, with no job. Hubby still has his job, but he is grossly underpaid.

Luckly he has an interview tomorrow. Unluckly its in Winston-Salem, NC. About 2 hours from where we currently live. Not close to Arizona or Southern California like we had planned. We just have to remember that when God closes a door he opens a window. Now I dont tend to be overly religious, but I must say, God was everpresent in our horrific move. What should have been a simple move of putting most or our items in storage and only keeping the vital necessities with us turned into a 4 day marathon, one day in the rain, one day in the freezing cold, and dropping furniture outside the salvation army in the freezing pitch black night. Throughout all that my husband and I found ourselves asking for help, and we recieved it everytime. Now, you dont always get everything you ask for, but if you dont ask, you definately won't get help!

So now we wait and see what opportunities are out there waiting for us to find. And I try to keep working hard on my jewelry business and focusing on reaching my goals for the new year!!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to their new year.

10 comments:

  1. Somethings things happen for a reason. I'm sure you're disappointed but you seem to be forward looking and I'm sure you and your husband will do well.

    You'll need to keep us posted, of course.


    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are very heartfelt, turtle ... and let me add that they are also very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God only laughs because He knows that he can plan it much better than we can. Good luck on the job interview, in the end it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying that everything works out. God is there to take care of us. I'm glad everything went ok so far, and hopefully you'll be out of that hotel soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you're maintaining positivity through everything. and in the end know that some how things will change and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the title was enough to make me smile because I'm a firm beleiver that God has his plans for us, and nothing we do will change them. In my life, his plans have turned out a lot better than my own, so I am thankful for that! Things will work out. There is something special in the future for you. You may not know what it is until it is here but enjoy it when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are around and blogging and handling all that is coming at you. I definitely agree that things happen for a reason and you will see an open window soon with a huge ray of light :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I'm glad your husband got his pilot's license, but I wish you all the best with his job offers and your work. People show their kindness when you need them most. I'm glad you have such good friends. Keep us up to date with your dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All will turn out smooth... Good luck and wishing you all the best! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will increase your sales due to the work you are doing, and well doing.

    ReplyDelete