My Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May Update

Well, it's May, and the flowers are definitely blooming around here. And back in North Carolina the pollen is falling like snow, and I got an upper respiratory infection while I was back there getting our stuff loaded on a moving truck. So finally, after over 4 months, I only have to wait a few more weeks until I get all my belongings back. Oh how nice it will be to have pots and pans and non-paper plates and non-plastic silverware. And little things like can openers, more than one towel apiece, potholders, the rest of my jewelry supplies, all my clothes. And soon my car will be here too, so I will have air conditioning in time for the true summer heat.

I have also just started a new job after 4 months of not working. It's nice to be back at work, but also tough to be in a new place that is totally different from what I am used to. The patients have a lot more complex diagnoses than I am used to, and many of them will stay there for the remainder of their lives. Its a hard mental adjustment for me to make, since I am used to working in outpatient clinics and in an inpatient facility where people stayed about a month before they were able to go home. But I still love what I do, and that's the most important part.

As for my jewelry business, all I can say is SLOOOOOOWWWWW. I am no where near reaching my sales goal for the year. I set a goal of 2 sales a week. Well, its been 18 weeks, and I only have 5 sales. I haven't participated in any craft shows yet, but there are a few on the horizon that look interesting. As for working on creating new items, and spending 5 hours a week doing it, I am not succeeding. My motivation waxes and wanes. When I finally learned how to make my flower rings, I was in seventh heaven and spent hours making them.



I have also spent hours working on mothers day presents for my sister and sister in law who are brand new mothers, and my mom. And every now and again I get a spurt of creativity, but nothing consistent.

I hope now that I have started a job, and have a more set schedule, I will be able to devote time to my jewelry business. I seem to do much better when I have set hours and more things to do. The more things I have to do, the more I get done. It seems backwards, but it's what works for me.

Here's to a great May, as well as the months after!

17 comments:

  1. take care, turtle! i've been in and out of the team's action due to work schedules and health issues... i fall ill easily and am still in the midst of recovering from a very persistent flu bug~ but am slowly steering my time back to etsy and team activities. good luck and wishing you many sales! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! I hope the summer brings great craft shows and many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the new job... and hang in there - sales will come, your designs are so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once your life settles down again and is "normal" - your creative juices will flow.
    As for sales - they are slow everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I wish you the best in your new job and in your shop here with so many sales for your new line of selling rings:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way... I work better when I have a whole list of things to get done. It will all fall into place for you once you get things in order! Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have had a huge amount on your plate, Im sure working on your jewelry will be more appealing when your life is more settled.
    Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is slow. I went three months without a sale at the first of the year. Scary. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your new patients will really appreciate your dedication. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job...I am sure you will do well at it...not for me but glad someone can do it. As for your craft...it will come in time... lol.. or that is what I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes indeed, Here is to a great May! and your flower ring is beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you have your job now!!! And your new rings are gorgeous! You will get sales once you get settled and have more time for your jewelry :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the new job! I hope you love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting your job! I can imagine that it must be hard to see sick people who aren't getting better everyday. But I'm sure they really need you there :) I'd love to hear what presents you made your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you are a bit like me - procrastinator! We get by somehow, don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Moving is always so hard and starting a new job on top of that makes it worse! Hang in there and best of luck on your sales!

    ReplyDelete