My Weight Loss Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More recipe reviews

A few more weeks have gone by, and we have tried a few more recipes I found on pinteret. For info on pinterest, please see previous post http://turtlexiii.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinterest-recipes.html

Recipe #1
One Pan Turkey Taco Pasta
http://pinterest.com/pin/5840674486299640/

DELISH, absolutely wonderful. I love tacos, I love pasta, I love one pot recipes. What more can a girl ask for??? It was easy to make. The only chopping that was required was the onion. The rest was canned/boxed items. I love that its made with turkey burger, especially since I found a 3 lb box of frozen turkey burgers for under $7 at Target. Wow. The fresh package of meat was over $5 for 1 lb. Plus, with my family consisting of myself and hubby, there was tons of leftovers. This would easily feed a family of 5-6 with no modifications to the recipe.

Recipe #2
Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
http://pinterest.com/pin/5840674486292392/

Yummmmmy. Hubby loves lemon chicken, and we finally found a recipe that we both love. I cooked it on the stove top, as I forgot to put the crock pot recipe together. I also used 1/4 cup of butter instead of 1/2 cup. That was still too much butter for my taste, and I will probably try less butter and more lemon juice the next time. The other important factor to consider: Use the zesty Italian seasoning packet. Do not try and save money by buying the 4 pack box of Italian seasoning. The plain Italian has a LOT more salt and a lot less seasoning. So it makes the dish really salty.

Recipe #3
Pesto Chicken Wraps
http://pinterest.com/pin/5840674486269767/

These were amazing. I love pesto. And this recipe exceeded my expectations. I used jarred pesto, so it was a bit oily, but still delish. I will try to make it with fresh basil when I have time. This also made 6 wraps, so we had enough for lunch the next day, which is always a super bonus.

So far we have tried 5 new recipes. 4 of them will or have become part of our regular repertoire. I have over 40 more recipes pinned that I still want to try. The quicker, easier, and healthier the better.

Feel free to leave recipes below for me to try. Or link me back to your favorite pinned recipes.

12 comments:

  1. Lemon chicken AND the pesto chicken sound YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these all sound so yummy! i'm gonna have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am totally hooked on Oven Dogs! You can find the recipe on my Pinterest "Food, Glorious Food" board. Will try that Taco Pasta - my boys should gobble that right up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, now I'm hungry! I'll have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for a good lemon chicken recipe... it's never lemony enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds absolutely yummy on all accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. uniquecozytreasures - Those recipes sound so good. I'll have to try them out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmm! You made me hungry! They all sound delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy!! gonna have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm thank goodness I just ate!! ;)

    ReplyDelete